Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Catholics and remarriage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Catholics and remarriage
Catholics and remarriage 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
My sisters husband divorced her 6 yrs ago and has since re-married. They're both Catholic and were married in the Catholic Church. She is in another relationship now and was recently asked for her hand in marriage. Is she free to marry now that her ex is married to someone else or is their marriage still valid. I am under the impression that it is, because Jesus clearly states that marriage is permanent until death. On the other hand reconciliation with her husband is impossible as he has entered into a union with someone else. Please help me help her. she has asked me how I feel about her getting re-married. I want her to be happy, but I am totally against being in a relationship with anyone other than the spouse of your youth.
Thanks,
Naomi
Exftc ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Catholics and remarriage 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hi Naomi, If your sister was married in a Catholic ceremony then she is still sacramentally married to her ex until her marriage is annulled by the church. Before she decides to remarry, my advise is to go the her parish or the parish she was married in and speak to the priest. He can help her start the proceedings, although there is no guarrantee that her marriage will be annulled. It is something she needs to be completely honest about and put everything in our Lord's hands. Being a faithful catholic is a difficult journey as we are bound by Christ's commandments. Many people have remarried after their first marriage performed in a catholic ceremony was not annuled. We cannot judge tham as only our Lord knows their heart and where they are spiritually, or how developed their moral conscience is. Pray for her and I will keep them in my prayers also. God bless, ♥
mitzie ()
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: vincefrese 
Site designed by: Mental Piracy Group